Site icon Cyprus inform

Savvas Zannoupas says he was attacked at Larnaca district court and plans to file complaint

File photo: Savvas Zannoupas

Larnaca, Cyprus. Parliamentary election candidate and barrister Savvas Zannoupas said he was attacked at and near the Larnaca district court building and plans to file an official complaint. Police said an incident appears to have occurred but no report has been received.


Zannoupas statement and planned complaint

Zannoupas confirmed in a social media post that he intends to “file an official complaint for the unprovoked attack to which I was subjected” at the courthouse. He added that “bullying in the temple of justice must be eradicated and eliminated”.

Sikou Pano response

Earlier, Sikou Pano said that “every judicial officer must be respected by all of us, regardless of disagreements or different opinions” and that “this is what the political and social culture demand”. The party added that “the state must protect the prestige of justice, public order, and the physical integrity of its officials”.

Police response

Larnaca police spokesman Spyros Chrysostomou said that while “it seems that there was an incident”, police have received no official report so far. He added that, based on what he knows, the incident is related to the complainant’s professional capacity and that efforts are being made to locate the complainant and inform him if he wishes to file a complaint.

Election details

Zannoupas is standing for election in the Paphos district, with the election set to take place on Sunday.


What steps should be taken to ensure the safety and physical integrity of officials at courthouses?

Exit mobile version