Advertising
News
To the list of news

18 May 2026
ACTTA outlines cautious outlook as Cyprus reports sharp drop in tourist arrivals in April 2026

Nicosia, Cyprus. ACTTA president Charis Papacharalambous on Monday gave a cautious outlook for Cyprus tourism, saying pressures are likely to continue but declines in arrivals may gradually ease in 2026. Cyprus Statistical Service data showed tourist arrivals fell 27.6% year-on-year in April 2026 amid the impact of the war in Iran.


April and year-to-date arrivals

Earlier on Monday, the Cyprus Statistical Service (Cystat) reported that tourist arrivals in April 2026 fell to 303,031, a 27.6% decline compared with April 2025. The April fall contributed to a 17.9% decline in arrivals for the first four months of 2026 compared with the same period in 2025.

ACTTA contacts and promotion efforts

Speaking to the Cyprus News Agency (CNA), Papacharalambous said ACTTA remains in constant contact with partners abroad and is working to promote Cyprus through offers and new travel programmes. He said the association is continuing efforts aimed at supporting demand and sending positive messages abroad.

Expectations for the rest of 2026

Papacharalambous said that if there are no further negative developments, the rate of decline in tourist arrivals compared with last year is expected to shrink as the year progresses. He said the decrease in arrivals could be about 5% to 7% by September to October, and that the overall annual decline is expected to settle between 10% and 15%.


How do you expect the decline in tourist arrivals to affect Cyprus’ tourism sector later in 2026?

Показать комментарии
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments