Advertising
News
To the list of news

18 May 2026
Second suspect arrested in Nicosia robbery investigation, police say

Nicosia, Cyprus. Police arrested a second suspect on Monday in connection with a robbery investigation linked to an incident in Nicosia earlier this month. The suspect, 21, was taken into custody to assist with enquiries into a robbery committed on May 9, police said.


Arrests and court proceedings

Police confirmed that a 32-year-old man had already been arrested in connection with the same case on Wednesday. He appeared before Nicosia district court the following day, where an eight-day detention order was issued.

Additional robbery link under investigation

During the investigation, police said evidence emerged linking the 32-year-old to another robbery carried out in July last year. Police subsequently remanded the suspect and obtained a written statement during questioning.

Further suspect held

A separate 20-year-old suspect was arrested on Sunday in connection with the former robbery case and remains in custody. Police said investigations into both cases are continuing through the Nicosia CID.


What do you want to know about the investigation timeline and the suspects in custody?

Показать комментарии
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments