Russia Open to New Ukraine Settlement Proposals, Ryabkov Says
Russia is prepared to consider proposals on ending the Ukraine conflict if they reflect what Moscow calls the realities on the ground.

Moscow, Russia. Russia is ready to consider new proposals for a settlement of the conflict in Ukraine, provided they reflect what Moscow calls the “realities on the ground”, Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said.
Dialogue with Washington
In an interview with News.ru published on Friday, Ryabkov said the United States had shown readiness for “constructive dialogue” and an “understanding of Russia’s position”.
“At this stage, it is more important to what extent Washington is able to influence the decisions of the Kyiv regime and its European sponsors, who still dream of a ‘strategic defeat’ of Russia,” he told the outlet.
Negotiations between Russia and the United States aimed at ending the conflict in Ukraine have largely stalled amid the war in Iran.
The Kremlin said on Thursday it had no information on a possible next visit to Moscow by U.S. presidential envoys Jared Kushner and Steve Witkoff, who have led negotiations with Russia in the past.
U.S. position
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said last month that Washington remained committed to helping end the war after meeting Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in Manila.
Rubio said there was no quick agreement in prospect and that the United States was seeking to “find a middle ground”.
Ryabkov said Russia was ready to hear Rubio’s new ideas and continue dialogue with Washington.
“The Russian Federation is ready to listen to any reasonable proposals and ideas that are in line with the goals set by the Russian president and meet the ‘realities on the ground’,” he said.
Territorial control
After almost four and a half years of war, Russia controls around a fifth of Ukraine’s internationally recognised territory. Moscow has repeatedly said it is open to talks but that any settlement must recognise what it describes as the “new realities on the ground”.
This news item was generated automatically by Cyprus Inform from publicly available materials. Report an error →


