To the list of news

11 May 2016
Fire in hotel in Protaras

Constantinos the Great

A tablet pc, which was left on the charger, could be the cause of fire which happened in the Constantinos the Great hotel in Protaras.

The fire started at 19:04 in the hotel room on the first floor. The staff of the hotel reacted quickly to the emergency situations and resolved the problem by the use of fire extinguishers. The room and the corridor near the door sustained minor damage.

The Cyprus fire service is concerned with the growing number of fires this year. During the last 24 hours, there were more than 12 emergency calls.