Cyprus residents forecast to make record 2.1 million trips abroad
Cyprus residents are expected to make 2.1 million overseas trips this year, with Greece remaining the leading destination, ACTTA says.

Nicosia, Cyprus. Cyprus residents are expected to make a record 2.1 million trips abroad this year, up from 1.96 million in 2025, according to the Association of Cyprus Travel & Tourism Agents (ACTTA).
ACTTA president Charis Papacharalambous said Greece remained the dominant destination for travellers from Cyprus.
Projected increase
Papacharalambous told the Cyprus News Agency on Friday that overseas travel by Cyprus residents was increasing by around 7 per cent, putting the annual total on course to exceed two million for the first time.
“If we had 1.96 million trips last year, this year we will reach 2.1 million,” he said.
The projected figure would represent around 2.2 trips per permanent resident each year, he added.
Air connectivity
Papacharalambous said residents continued to travel abroad, with overseas trips increasingly viewed as a necessity rather than a luxury.
He attributed part of the increase to improved air connectivity, which has expanded the range and frequency of destinations available.
Although expanded air links have been driven primarily by efforts to attract inbound tourism, they have also created more travel options for people living on the island, he said.
Popular destinations
Around 85 per cent of trips by Cyprus residents are to European destinations, including the United Kingdom, while almost 70 per cent are to EU member states.
Greece accounts for around 33 per cent of all trips, remaining by far the most popular destination.
Italy, Poland, France and Germany are among the other leading destinations. Spain, Romania and Poland have also recorded significant percentage increases in demand.
This news item was generated automatically by Cyprus Inform from publicly available materials. Report an error →


